The caves of Bétharram
Visit the caves of Bétharram
Make the most of your stay in our 3-star hotel in the Pyrenees to discover one of the region's not-to-be-missed attractions: the caves of Béthérram!
An extraordinary underground experience
Discovered in 1819, the Bétharram caves were one of the first to be opened to the public, and have been open to visitors for 120 years!
The 1 hour 20 minute guided tour is like no other. Between stalactites and stalagmites, you'll cross the mountain in three stages:
- A walking tour of the upper part of the cave
- A boat trip along the river in an 80-metre chasm
- End of the tour on a vintage-style mini-train (700m)
Béthérram caves are open from February to October:
- From 10 February to 24 March: visits from Monday to Thursday (2.30pm and 4.30pm), Fridays at 2.30pm.
- From 25 March to 30 October: visits every day (see detailed timetable on the cave website).
- 11.50/child (aged 4 to 12)
Your hotel with spa in the Pyrenees
Head for the Hautes-Pyrénées and stay at our 3-star Le Picors hotel in Aucun! You'll love the spacious rooms with their "mountain chic" style and views of the Val d'Azun and the peaks.
After your visit to the Béthérram caves, relax in the jacuzzi before taking a dip in the indoor heated swimming pool. You can also use the tennis court and mini-golf course.
Enjoy your stay in the Pyrenees as a couple or as a family!
© Père Igor - CC BY-SA 3.0